The City of New Baltimore's refuse, recycling and yard waste service provider is Priority Waste.
42822 Garfield Rd.
Clinton Township, MI 48038
586-228-1200 OR 844-460-0999 (toll free)
- Rubbish is collected each Wednesday with the exception of the holidays. See attached schedule.
- Recycling is collected every other week, depending on where you are located in the city (see the above pick-up schedule).
- Collection will be moved one day for Christmas (pick up December 26), New Years Day (pick up January 2), Memorial Day ( May 28), and Labor Day (September 10).
- Collection Time: Please have all your items out by 6:00 am
Bulk Items Collection:
- Acceptable large items include furniture, appliances, stoves, grills, hot water tanks, refrigerators.
- For child safety reasons, please remove doors from refrigerators before placing at curb.
- Carpet must be rolled and tied in 4 foot sections and weigh no more than 60 pounds. No more than 10 bundles at any one time.
Solid Waste Collection:
- Solid waste is collected curbside in a plastic (non metal) 96 gallon OR 32 gallon card container, OR plastic bags tied and secured.
- No container or bag should weigh more than 60 pounds.
- Solid waste includes household waste, food waste, rubbish.
- Do NOT place rubbish in paper bags; it will NOT be collected.
- Unacceptable waste items: hazardous waste, paint.
- Macomb County Health Department Hazardous Waste Collection - Visit to find options for hazardous waste collection options.
- Yard waste starts the first Wednesday in April to the last Wednesday in November.
- Tree branches must be bundled and cannot exceed 4 feet in length, or 4 inches in diameter.
- Place yard waste 4 feet from your rubbish (yard waste mixed with rubbish cannot be collected).
- Yard waste includes grass, leaves, vegetation, twigs and other plant materials (under 6 inches in diameter, less than 4 feet in length).
- Yard waste will be collected in a proper brown yard waste bag, or 32 gallon cans clearly marked 'Yard Waste'. DO NOT USE PLASTIC BAG LINER OR PAPER GROCERY BAGS/BOXES.
- Please face the marked 'Yard Waste' side toward the street so the driver can identify it as yard waste.
- For safety precautions, containers over 32 gallons will not be collected due to weight. No container should weigh more than 60 pounds.
- For bundles of brush and branches that are 2 inches in diameter or less than 3-4 feet long, this can be bundled with string. Please insure bundles are no larger than 18 inches around and weigh no more than 60 pounds.
- Unacceptable yard waste items: sod, pet waste, dirt, rocks, trash, root balls, branches.
- Acceptable to recycle: plastic bottles & containers, food & beverage cans, paper, flattened cardboard & paperboard, glass bottles & containers, food & beverage cartons.
- DO NOT RECYCLE: food waste, plastic bags & film, foam cups & containers.
- plasticfilmrecycling.org - Visit to find proper recycling for plastic bags and film
- earth911.org - Visit for options on disposing of foam cups and containers.